By visualizing the relationships between your IT assets, you can:
– Easily spot and troubleshoot issues.
– Make informed decisions about changes, upgrades, and maintenance, and receive a complete picture of your IT estate.
What is Dependency Mapping?
IT dependency mapping is the process of identifying and mapping the relationships between different IT systems, applications, and infrastructure components within your organization’s IT estate. This means knowing and understanding how systems and applications relate to each other, as well as the underlying hardware and network infrastructure that supports them.
Dependency mapping consists of three main components to give you a complete overview of your network:
- Hardware or infrastructure mapping
- Application mapping
- Virtual environment maps
Why You Need Dependency Mapping.
As IT environments grow larger and more complex, it becomes harder to fully understand the scope and configuration of your organization’s IT. Because business-critical technologies often depend on each other, a single change can have consequences on your entire infrastructure. A solid asset inventory is a good start, but to fully control your IT estate, you need more than just a list of your IT assets. Network mapping goes beyond “What is it?” towards “Where is it?”, “What is it connected to?”, And “how do they interact?” It paints a complete picture of your IT estate.
Start Mapping Your Dependencies with Lansweeper Diagrams
Lansweeper’s Diagramming feature provides you with automatically generated visual dependency maps of your network topologies and virtual environments. Thanks to the direct link with your Lansweeper inventory, the maps can be updated on the fly as your network changes and grows. Filter, group, and search through your diagrams to personalize your experience and start truly making informed decisions about your IT estate.
IT asset dependency mapping will help you better understand your IT infrastructure. As a visual tool, it gives you direct and easy-to-understand insights into your IT estate that everyone can use.
- Simplify ITAM, SAM and OTAM: Gain total visibility across the IT estate with a complete and always-accurate IT asset inventory.
- Empower the Business with IT: Deliver advanced capabilities, knowledge management and analytics to foster cross-functional collaboration and decision-making.
- Optimize IT costs and security to drive value: Improve the ROI of your IT investments while reducing costs and risk.
IT asset dependency mapping will help you better understand your IT infrastructure. As a visual tool, it gives you direct and easy-to-understand insights into your IT estate that everyone can use. Gain a better understanding of their IT infrastructure and optimize your operations. With the right tools, you and your entire organization can gain a better understanding of the IT infrastructure and take real and effective steps in optimizing your IT operations.